About Our Company:
Virgin Galactic is the first commercial spaceline for Earth, pioneering human spaceflight for private individuals, researchers and professional astronauts, with its advanced air and space vehicles. The Company’s proprietary spaceflight system is designed to connect the world to the love, wonder and awe created by space travel and to offer customers a transformative experience.
Virgin Galactic’s entire offering — from the elegant and distinctive flight system which takes off and lands on a runway, to the iconic week-long astronaut experience at the purpose-built Spaceport — has been designed to enrich and enhance the life-changing experience of space.
The Company is making the dream of space travel a reality, by delivering repeatable, regular, and reliable spaceflights with our existing vehicles. With experienced manufacturers already at work on the next generation motherships and spaceships, Virgin Galactic has what it needs to scale the business as a global spaceline over the long term.
What We Offer:
- Flying passengers to space as tourists
- Professional astronaut training
- Flying autonomous scientific payloads
- Flying researchers to space to conduct experiments for scientific and educational purposes
- Fewer than 700 humans have traveled above the Earth’s atmosphere into space, and Virgin Galactic already has approx. 800 people in its Future Astronaut community.
- Galactic 02 is Virgin Galactic’s 7th spaceflight, 3rd flight this year, second commercial spaceflight, and first private astronaut flight.
- Our experienced team of pilots has 236 years of collective flight experience, and includes former test pilots for NASA, the Royal Air Force, the Royal Canadian Air Force, the U.S. Air Force, the Italian Air Force, and the U.S. Marine Corps.
- Virgin Galactic is headquartered in Tustin, Calif., with facilities in Mojave, CA, Spaceport America, New Mexico, London, UK and, opening in Q4 of 2023, Phoenix, AZ.
- As of December 31, 2022, the Company had 1,166 employees across the globe.