CTL, CEP, CFPIM, CSCP, CIRM, C.P.M
President of Boston Strategies International
David S. Jacoby, CTL, CEP, CFPIM, CSCP, CIRM, C.P.M, President of Boston Strategies International, is one of the world’s leading Supply Chain economists, and the author of five books on supply chain strategy, management, trade, and economics. He has been optimizing corporate strategy and performance for the power, gas, oil, transport, automotive, and other industries, for over 30 years.
· Guide to Supply Chain Management (The Economist 2009);
· Optimal Supply Chain Management in Oil, Gas, and Power Generation (PennWell 2012);
· The High Cost of Low Prices (Business Expert Press, 2018);
· Trump, Trade and The End of Globalization (Praeger, 2018);
· From Bogota to Beijing: Development and Life After Globalization (Lexington Press, 2018).
In addition, he has contributed 250 speeches, articles and webcasts to publications such as:
· Oil and Gas Journal,
· Supply Chain Management Review,
· Energy Tribune,
· Supply Chain Quarterly.
Formerly, he taught Operations Management at Boston University‘s graduate school of business, served as a contributing editor at the Economist Intelligence Unit, and consulted to the World Bank. While based in Brazil, Hong Kong and France, he consulted on strategic sourcing, purchasing and outsourcing, shipping, and capital investments.
Educationally, David has accomplished the following:
· MBA from the Wharton School,
· Masters in International Business from The Lauder Institute and
· Bachelor of Science in Finance and Economics from the University of Pennsylvania.
He is also a:
· Certified Energy Procurement Professional (CEP),
· Certified Fellow in Production and Inventory Management (CFPIM),
· Certified in Supply Chain Management (CSCP),
· Certified in Integrated Resource Management (CIRM),
· Certified in Purchasing Management (Lifetime C.P.M.), and
· Certified in Transportation and Logistics (CTL).
At the International Supply Chain Education Alliance (ISCEA), he is a member of its Ptak Prize Selection Committee. Mr. Jacoby is a member of the Society of Petroleum Engineers.
Tariffs, Trade Wars, and Your Global Supply Chain