2013 NESCON Supply Chain Hall of Fame Winner
The 2013 honoree for NESCON’s Supply Chain Hall of Fame Award (the award for OUTSTANDING leadership and contribution to the Supply Chain profession) is Mary Kachinsky, C.P.M., CPSM. She has been in the procurement and supply chain management field for over 20 years! Her experience covers:
• Fortune 500 companies (Senior positions at Cubist, Pfizer, Genzyme, Waters, and Bose, spanning R & D, as well as Manufacturing functions;
• Medium-sized manufacturing companies,
• Consumer electronics industries,
• Also, Mary has worked in multiple/varied business environments, including research/science, development, and manufacturing environments,
• She is also involved in the profession as a volunteer, consultant, and educator.
Her expertise includes:
• Global strategic sourcing,
• Cost containment,
• Supplier management,
• Organizational development/training, and systems/best practices.
While this service alone is a significant accomplishment, this year’s recipient has also distinguished herself as a star student:
• Bachelor of Arts (Magna Cum Laude) – Carroll School of Management at Boston College,
• Masters of Science in Management – Lally School of Management, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute,
• Lifetime Certified Purchasing Manager, and CPSM.
Mary is involved in multiple activities as follows:
• Currently the Senior Director of Strategic Sourcing at Cubist Pharmaceuticals. Her organization supports all of Cubist’s purchased goods and services spend(Note: Mary, as a former Director of Worldwide Procurement for Pfizer, led the Global Scientific Materials organization, and supported the outsourcing of clinical trials).
• She is also an active member of Linking Leaders, serving on its Clinical Outsourcing Roundtable.
Mary is always one of the first to volunteer to support our profession, whenever called upon. Her service to the profession has been both on a local and national basis: She currently serves, or has served in the past, as an advisor and volunteer to:
• PMAB (Past President and winner of PMAB’s highest honor – the Harry J Graham award, for outstanding and unselfish service to the purchasing profession),
• The Bio Supply Management Alliance,
• NESCON (and is an ardent supporter of this conference and the collaborative conference concept),
• Bentley College School of Entrepreneurship/MBA Students,
• Connecticut Association of Purchasing Management Annual Conference.
Mary’s favorite quote is from a speech that Robert F. Kennedy did on leadership: “History will judge you, and as the years pass, you will ultimately judge yourself, in the extent to which you have used your gifts and talents to lighten and enrich the lives of your fellow men.” This year’s nomination committee believes that the qualities that Mary most consistently exhibits are:
• Personal integrity,
Together with her dedication to our profession throughout her career, these qualities place our honoree in great company with the high standards set by our previous NESCON Supply Chain Hall of Fame winners.
Our 4th Annual Supply Chain Hall of Fame inductee is Mary Kachinsky, C.P.M., CPSM.