2015 NESCON Supply Chain Hall of Fame Winner
The 2015 honoree for NESCON’s Supply Chain Hall of Fame Award (the award for OUTSTANDING leadership and contribution to the Supply Chain profession) is Karen Fedele, CPSM, C.P.M., MICIPS.
Karen’s experience covers:
- Shire Biopharmaceuticals: Head, Integrated Procurement Solutions GlaxoSmithKline (formerly Novartis Vaccines); Head of Division Category Mgt/R&D; Past Country Head of Procurement/US
- Proctor & Gamble / Gillette Co: Purchase Group Manager
- Akamai Technologies: Director, Purchasing & Travel Services
- The Thompson Corporation: Director Global Contracts
Educationally, she has accomplished the following:
- M.B.A. in Business Administration with a Concentration in Computer Information Systems from Bentley University in 1987
- BSBA (Maxima Cum Laude) in Marketing Logistics/Operations Management from La Salle University in 1983
Karen has been involved in a wide array of activities. She is:
- She has been active on both a local and national level in Professional development activities both at ISM Greater Boston as well as on the national level with ISM.
- She is a lifetime C.P.M. recipient.
- Holds both CPSM as well as MCIPS certifications.
- She has been recognized as NAPM professional development person of the year and communications person of the year for ISM District 9.
- She is a past President of ISM-Greater Boston (formerly PMAB), where she received its highest honor in 2007, the Harry J. Graham Award, for outstanding & unselfish service to the purchasing profession.
- She currently serves as Chair of the ISM Professional Credentials Committee.
This year’s nomination committee believes that her dedication to the profession, as well as her continuing ability to unselfishly work and volunteer on the various Boards and Committees, have made a significant impact on the development of our supply chain profession in the Northeast, and place our honoree in esteemed company with the high standards set by our previous NESCON Supply Chain Hall of Fame winners.
Our 6th Annual Supply Chain Hall of Fame inductee is Karen Fedele, CPSM, C.P.M., MICIPS.
Institute for Supply Management
- 2014 – 2019 Chair, Professional Credentials Committee
- 2004 – 2011 Chair, Professional Credentials Committee
- 2001 – 2004 Member, Affiliate Support Council
Northeast Supply Chain
- 2004 Conference Co-chair
ISM – Greater Boston, Inc.
- 1998 – 2000 Director, National Affairs
- 1997 – 1998 President
- 1996 – 1997 Vice President, Professional Development
- 1995 – 1996 Vice President, Finance/Treasurer
- 1994 – 1995 Board of Directors
Additional Honors & Awards
- 2008 CPSM Designation, recertified June 2011 and June 2014
- 2013 MCIPS Designation granted and renewed annually
- 2007 Harry J. Graham Award / Purchasing Management Association of Boston
- 2002 C.P.M. Lifetime Certification
- 1999 NAPM Communications Person of the Year – District IX
- 1998 NAPM Certificate of Recognition, District IX Director of National Affairs
- 1997 NAPM Professional Development Person of the Year – District IX